One great way to be part of PepperGreen Farm – become a volunteer!
Our volunteer program offers unique and rewarding opportunities for those interested in local tourism, social work, community engagement, food, gardening and the arts.
Volunteer benefits at PGF are in abundance and can range from– meeting new people, making friends, socialising, building confidence, enhancing employment and leadership opportunities, learning new skills and increasing knowledge.
PGF volunteers are passionate about;
- helping others by positively impacting the lives of people with disability,
- social acceptance and integration, and
- working in an all- inclusive community.
With hands on experience in a vibrant and bustling social precinct, volunteers are regularly exposed to a unique public program of food, heritage, garden and artisan related activities.
We need people who are friendly, compassionate, helpful and collaborative who will become integral to the PGF experience for our staff, supported workers, visitors and patrons alike.
At present, we are seeking:
Front of House Volunteers
Our Assistant Front of House Volunteer role consists of:
- Preparing stock for sale and pricing goods for PepperGreen Farm Gate
- Displaying stock and maintaining an inviting environment for visitors
- Customer service and focus
- Handling money and cash sales, and
- Complaints handling and providing service improvement.
Visitor Experience Volunteers
Our Visitor Experience Volunteers will assist our supported employees to:
- Welcome visitors to PepperGreen Farm and provide assistance with visitor enquiries
- Direct visitors to various site activities and amenities located on the Farm
- Guide tours and share information about the food, heritage and culture of PepperGreen Farm with visitors
- Assist children, families and tourists with interactive activities
- Assist with the housekeeping of program areas, and
- Assist with special events and workshops.
Arts and Crafts Group Activity Leader
Our Arts and Crafts Group Activity Leader Volunteer role consists of:
- Facilitating specific arts and crafts activities in a group setting
- Sharing craft hobby skills with assigned supported employees
- Motivating supported employees in their designated activity and providing assistance to adapt the activity for different levels of ability
- Planning the activity in advance and sourcing necessary materials
- Encouraging group work
- Identifying the risks and required support regarding any planned activity
Volunteer Delivery Drivers
Delivery Driver Volunteers will be required to:
- Assist in the delivery and pick up of cars with PGF supported employees at various locations for Access Contractors car washing service
- Assist in delivery and dispatch of PepperGreen Farm produce & goods with supported employees
- Drive transport vehicles in line with respective road rules across Victoria
- Adhere to relevant operation regulations, policies and procedures
- Provide quality customer service through positive and professional interaction with customers and our supported employees
- Accurately process paperwork associated with pickup and delivery tasks
- Perform, as part of a team, to deliver high quality service in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- Always protect company assets by maintaining organised, safe, clean work areas; complying with safety and security standards, and
- Adhere to Access Australia Group’s code of conduct.