Peppergreen Farm is sited on Dja Dja Wurrung country. The Jaara People have ancestors tracing back thousands of years. PepperGreen Farm is working closely with the Bendigo Local Aboriginal Network to further reconciliation and contribute to greater unity within the community we serve.
Chinese settlers established the site now occupied by PepperGreen Farm in 1859 as brickworks. During the 1880s, market gardens were planted and with the exception of a period in the late 20th century, farms and commercial nurseries have been in operation since. The site was also closely linked to the nearby Chinese settlement at Emu Point, where the Joss House still stands. In 2005, a rare Chinese brick kiln was excavated and reburied for its protection. The market gardens, Emu Point and kiln all merge to create a historically significant site for Bendigo, which visitors continue to appreciate.