PGF as a social enterprise
PepperGreen Farm is a social enterprise passionate about producing fresh produce while showcasing the culture and heritage unique to Central Victoria.
What is a social enterprise?
A not-for-profit business initiative providing employment, training and skill development for people with disability or experiencing disadvantage.
What makes the Peppergreen Farm social enterprise so unique?
Our tourist precinct enables us to offer a range of meaningful learning and employment opportunities for people with disability including:
- hospitality opportunities via our farm kitchen
- horticultural opportunities via our nursery and produce gardens
- retail, tourism and merchandising opportunities
- micro-business opportunities
- light manufacturing opportunities via our creative recycling workshop space
Peppergreen Farm as a work environment.
As an Australian Disability Enterprise, our focus is to create a safe environment for our supported employees, one that promotes skill development and personal growth. Team leaders are mentors, offering training, support, and encouragement as needed.
PGF’s well-being activities
Peppergreen Farm also offers social and wellbeing activities including:
- Relaxation classes
- Sowing Seeds Growing People
- 12 Studio Arts mentoring program
- Art Therapy